I decided to make this blog a “chopsuey” blog instead lol which means it’ll not only be IT related anymore but everything in the mix. I used to have couple of blogs one for personal finance and this IT blog but I found out maintaining a blog let alone two blogs with my hectic schedule is tough. So I ended my old personal finance blog and saved all the entries, I used to pay someone to write articles for me there, I’ve decided to put those articles to good use by reposting them here on this blog. Expect a mix of my personal finance goals and my IT goals. I will also redesign the layout of my blog moving forward.
Trying to accomplish one of my goals for 2011, I decided to take beginners workshop in photography. I know I could learn through the internet by self study but this time I decided to enroll in a workshop as I feel this type of hobby/craft is more enjoyable to learn with a group of other enthusiast. Plus I didn’t want to be in front of the computer even on my day off on Saturdays.
So for the first day I already learned alot of things, I know a bit on apperture, shutter speed and other stuffs by reading the manual. But now I know more on when they are applicable to use and the limits my kit lens have which is an 18mm-55mm 1:f3.5-f5.6. So I need a bigger apperture for my needs which is doing portrait shots and some photo journalism. Also found a the “bulb” feature I never thought was there and got some basic crash course on lighting techniques.
Some key points.
Looking forward to next session. Took some demo shots of our instructor Ruston Banal, check out his works atÂ http://ronzdarlhynne.tk/
After long hiatus from blogging I’m back with a post on things todo for 2011. 2010 was most fruitful and rewarding, so looking forward to more blessing to come for 2011.
On my todo list for 2011 starting with some IT then to the personal goals.
1. Learn Andriod – yep I bought my andriod powered phone last year and haven’t tapped into it’s full potential
2. Learn Photography – this is already in a roll and to be crossed out in my todo list as I enrolled on fundamental photography classes in Mega Tutors in San Fernando, first day of class is today. Will post more info soon.
3. Get certified in Advanced Force.com – need to study more.
4. Learn Ruby and Heroku
5. Get a MacBook Pro and learn IOS – my plan is this March when all my bills are paid, I’ll get the 0% 12 mos to pay scheme.
6. Buy wife an iPhone 3GS or iPhone 4 – will use her unit for my apps. lol.
7. Get certified in PHP
8. Finish Preschoolville’s interactive website – project for my wife
9. Make TravelandGobble.com live and profitable
Then for some personal goals
1. Transfer to new apartment untill I can afford to buy a new house.
2. Pay off loan to my mother-in-law
3. Save atleast 20% for house downpayment
4. Travel around the Philippines atleast 3-4 times a year with the family.
5. Travel asia or around the world atleast once a year.
6. Get into the Gym
7. Start biking again and make it a habit.
8. Get a new SUV preferrably a Montero.
9. Enroll in a culinary school – been watching too much top chef and master chef on cable lol.
Pretty ambitious and expensive goals but this is what will drive me to get better on what I do so we live comfortably.